We had a great Board of Supervisors Meeting on last Monday, March 8. You can view the meeting recording here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfIL3rVTUEqgxBwXCQoBDTA.
Following are some updates and highlights from our meeting.
- We approved a re-zoning request to allow Des Raj, owner of Route 20 Market, to expand his business.
- We allocated $1,000 in support of the Buckingham Cattlemen’s Association request for support for their Local Beef Hub Project. They are applying for grant funds from the Virginia Tobacco Commission, USDA Rural Business Enterprise, and a Agricultural and Forestry Industry Development Planning Grant to resolve the local issues of limited beef processors’ capacity to increase local beef availability in the region and provide a wholesome safe beef product to our communities.
- Many of you have asked about an update as to the FireFly Broadband Project that Central Virginia Electric Electric is undertaking. Below are updates.
- Buckingham will have its first COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at the Community Center on Thursday. This is not an event folks can simply show up to. You must be pre-registered with the Virginia Department of Health by calling (877) 829-4682, or by visiting https://vaccinate.virginia.gov/. It is important that you check the list online, according to the Commonwealth.
- Our Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget Work Session is on Wednesday at 6 PM, after our joint meeting with the School Board at 5 PM. You can watch the meeting here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfIL3rVTUEqgxBwXCQoBDTA.
Let’s Clean Up Our County! We need your help!
There is momentum to clean up our county roadways in Buckingham, and we need your help.
The Buckingham Anti-Litter Task Force (BATF) had a preliminary meeting February 12, 2021 and an in-person working meeting Feb 25 (our fourth BATF) with a full training presentation by Roger Eitelman, Keep Virginia Beautiful Central Region Team Leader.
He will also be helping BATF coordinate events with VDOT as well as Keep Virginia Beautiful / Adopt-a-Highway programs. The committee expedited a schedule to have a Spring Event and later a Fall Event.
There will be a Team Roadway Pickup April 22 –May 15, 2021 and a Specified Area Volunteer Pickup and Celebration (with awards) to end the event May 15, 2021. We will be creating sub-committees for registration, publicizing / marketing, fundraising, resource distribution, logistics planning and scheduling, and event day celebration festivities. And we need your help!
Consider attending our meeting on Thursday. See below:
Anti-litter Task Force ZOOM meeting
WHEN: Thur., March 18, 2021 Time: 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 875 5928 9607
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87559289607#,,,,*421899# US (Washington DC)
For more info please contact Sherrie Holbrook 270-759-5100.
PLEASE always feel more than welcome to call, email, text or visit me (using social distancing for the time being). If you have any comments, ideas, criticisms, compliments, or anything to say regarding my representing you on the Buckingham Board of Supervisors, please get in touch with me. You can call/text me at 434-390-7023, email me at email@example.com, or come see me at 13170 W. James Anderson Highway in the court house village. I would be pleased and happy to hear from you anytime.
Thomas “Jordan” Miles III
District Four/Maysville Supervisor
13170 W. James Anderson Hwy.
PO Box 188
Buckingham, VA 23921